May 25, 2012

Stress

Lately I've been feeling a little stressed out than normal. I'm having serious writer's block just a few pages into my book, pressures of work and flaky friends are starting to take a toll, which also is starting to make me feel blue. We all get stressed now and then, (or in my case, very often) so that brings me to another point. How do we get rid of stress? Yes, we all have our little "remedies" that can do the trick, such as: stress balls, slow breathing, sleeping, ect., but all scientific facts aside, do they really work? Almost everyone has abided by the "You can choose if your happy or sad" reference, and I guess that can be true by the way you see life. For instance, I can sit on this computer all day and write about all the big or little things that constantly annoy me and stress me out, or I could get off my tush and experience life. By experience I don't mean just the physical aspect, but also mental. I can't even count the many times I've missed out on a great opportunity just because I wasn't enjoying the moment. When I lived in Logan for a few months, I learned this exact lesson. Moving to a new place not knowing anyone shouldn't be an excuse for staying cooped up inside your house practically invisible to the world, which is exactly what I was doing. My roommates were always out and about meeting new people and having fun, while I was being miserable and doing the opposite. So why was I staying miserable when I could have had fun? I'm still trying to find that answer myself. It could have been because I was too insecure with myself to get up and make friends, or maybe I was finding excuses to hate the place, because I wanted so badly to come home to St. George. Either way, I missed out. My point to this whole post is to not let the little things get you down, because once you start to they will grow, and those little problems you thought you had will be much bigger. Yes, I'm stressed and need a break from life, but one of my "remedies" for this is writing, and honestly, I feel much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment